Directions to BAG meetings at UW Libraries
BAG Meetings at the University of Washington Libraries usually take place in the Maps/Special Collections Classroom in the Suzzallo and Allen Library. In general these meetings are from 7:00-9:00 pm with doors to the classroom opening at 6:45.
- Go to the north lobby of the Allen Library [the one with the crows hanging above your head]. This is the ground floor. If you come in the Suzzallo West Entrance walk completely through the building and you will walk into the Allen addition. You will be on the 1st floor of the lobby with the crows at eye level.
- Take the elevator in that lobby to the basement.
- As you get out of the elevator, turn to your right and walk a short way to the hallway going off to the right.
- Part way down this hallway is the classroom door, the first door on your right. It has a sign that juts out from the wall.
Map to Library
Parking at UW
There are a number of parking places on the University of Washington campus. The closest parking to the Suzzallo and Allen Library is Central Plaza Parking Garage. This garage is easily found from I-5 freeway. View offical University of Washington map
- Exit the freeway at NE 45th Street-the exit will say University of Washington.
- Drive east on NE 45th Street until you come to 15th Ave. NE [a bout 9 blocks].
- Turn right and go south on 15th Ave. NE until you come to NE 41st Street.
- To your left is the entrance to the Central Plaza Parking Garage.
- Inside the garage will be a gatehouse with an attendant to take payment and give you a parking permit.
The daily parking fee is $15.00/day, between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays, with a prorated refund for a less than four-hour visit. The night parking rate begins at 5 p.m. and is $5.00/night. A weekend rate of $5.00 is charged when parking on Saturdays from 7 a.m. to noon. Free parking is available on weekdays from 9 p.m. until 6 a.m., and on weekends from noon on Saturdays until 6 a.m. Monday mornings. Parking is also complimentary on state holidays. Please note: The Central Parking Garage charges a non-refundable $10.00 event rate every evening from 5:00 p.m until 9:00 p.m. and on Saturdays from 7:00 a.m. until noon. During large events such as Husky football games, a special events fee may be charged in some or all areas of campus. Campus parking may be paid with cash or a Visa/Mastercard.